Each academic year, the TRC hires a team of dedicated and enthusiastic peer advisors! (yes, that means you get paid)
Apply for one of our paid Transfer and Reentry Peer Advisor positions! Our Transfer and Reentry Peer Advisors work under the direction of professional staff in the Transfer and Reentry Center (TRC) in Dutton Hall (and in the virtual space as needed). The TRC offers an array of services, both academic and personal, so Transfer and Reentry students can attain their educational, professional and personal goals.
The TRC Peer Advisors strive to be a first point of contact for Transfer and Reentry students and to assist them in navigating the University and providing referrals when appropriate, planning and facilitating various events each quarter, and assist in running the center on a day-to-day basis.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions & Our Advice to You
- When is the deadline to apply?
- The deadline to apply for the 2022-23 school year was January 31, 2022. We encourage applicants to apply sooner, taking the time to put together a solid application. The 2023-24 application cycle will begin in December 2022.
- Where can I apply?
- Log into your Handshake account using your UC Davis email address and search for the position number.
- Is work study eligibility required?
- No, while we highly encourage those with work study to apply, it is not a requirement.
- When will I be notified if I am hired?
- We will inform those we intend to hire during the Pass II registration interval in order to allow time for our new hires to register for our two Spring training courses.
- Are the two spring courses required?
- Yes, they are required. The work we do in the TRC is collaborative and this begins in the spring training courses.
- Do I get paid for the two spring quarter training courses?
- No, because you do get a total of 4 academic units (2 per course).
- What is the CRN for the courses?
- The CRNs will be given to the students hired for the position once they are notified and accept the position.
Peer Advisor Info Sessions
Feel free to watch our Zoom info sessions to get more information about the position!
Applications due every Winter term. Keep an eye out for our next hiring cycle in December!
Apply through Handshake