The TRC is hiring 2022-2023 and we're looking for dedicated and enthusiastic peer advisors! (yes, that means you get paid)
We invite you to apply for one of our paid Transfer and Reentry Peer Advisor positions! Our Transfer and Reentry Peer Advisors work under the direction of professional staff in the Transfer and Reentry Center (TRC) in Dutton Hall (and in the virtual space as needed). The TRC offers an array of services, both academic and personal, so Transfer and Reentry students can attain their educational, professional and personal goals.
The TRC Peer Advisors strive to be a first point of contact for Transfer and Reentry students and to assist them in navigating the University and providing referrals when appropriate, planning and facilitating various events each quarter, and assist in running the center on a day-to-day basis.
Deadline to apply: January 31, 2022 at 5pm
For more information, email email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions & Our Advice to You
- When is the deadline to apply?
- The deadline to apply for the 2022-23 school year is January 31, 2022, but we encourage applicants to apply sooner, taking the time to put together a solid application.
- Where can I apply?
- Log into your Handshake account using your UC Davis email address and search for number 5705488
- Is work study eligibility required?
- No, while we highly encourage those with work study to apply, it is not a requirement.
- When will I be notified if I am hired?
- We will inform those we intend to hire during the Pass II registration interval in order to allow time for our new hires to register for our two Spring training courses.
- Are the two spring courses required?
- Yes, they are required. The work we do in the TRC is collaborative and this begins in the spring training courses.
- Do I get paid for the two spring quarter training courses?
- No, because you do get a total of 4 academic units (2 per course).
- What is the CRN for the courses?
- The CRNs will be given to the students hired for the position once they are notified and accept the position.
Peer Advisor Info Sessions
Feel free to watch our Zoom info sessions to get more information about the position!
Apply by January 31, 2022!
Apply through Handshake (Job ID: 5705488)