Who are reentry students?
Reentry students are students who identify with one more more of the below groups:
- Students who are 25 and older
- Students who have a spouse/partner
- Student parents
- Students serving as caregivers for adult family members
- Students who have taken a break from their education
At UC Davis there are approximately 1,500 undergraduate students ages 25 and older and around 300 student parents.
What programs are offered for reentry students?
- Linktr.ee for reentry programs
- Reentry specific orientation
- Reentry Retreat
- One-on-one advising and support from Marissa Weiss, Transfer Retention Specialist
- Workshops and social events
- Older Wiser Learners (OWLs) student organization
- First Year Aggie Connection for Reentry Students
- How to Get Involved in Research Workshop; Orchard Park Community Mixer; Reentry Orientation; Aggie Connection; Reentry Meetups (9/12/23)
- Reentry Orientation; First Year Aggie Connection; Reentry Retreat Planning; Orchard Park Community Mixer; Reentry Meetups; Workforce Recruitment Program (8/23/2023)
- Reentry Orientation; First Year Aggie Connection for Reentry Students; Orchard Park Community Mixer; TRC Peer Advisor Position (7/28/2023)
- Transfer Aggie Day; Reentry Roommate Meetup; LinkedIn for Reentry Students; Info Sessions for Transfer and Reentry Scholarships (5/12/2023)
- OWLs Meeting; Priority Registration; Job and Campus Involvement Opportunities; USI Prison-to-School Pipeline Event (3/9/2023)
- OWLs Meetings; Reentry Peer Advisor Info Session; Reentry Retreat; No Kidstractions Study Hall; Campus Recreation (1/11/2023)
- TRC Reentry Peer Advisor Position; Reentry Retreat; No Kidstractions Study Hall; Campus Recreation; Career Discovery Groups for CA&ES Majors (1/3/2023)
- OWLs Thanksgiving Meetup; Reentry Retreat; First Year Seminar (11/23/2022)
- Reentry Meetups; In Person Social; First Year Seminar; PAL Program; Manetti Shrem Museum Fall Season Celebration; International Fest Davis (9/20/2022)
- Reentry Meetups; Reentry Orientation; In Person Social; The Davisphere (9/14/2022)
- Reentry Orientation; Reentry Meetups; MatterCup (8/18/2022)
UC Davis Reentry Retreat: Journey to Discovery
Dine | Unwind | Connect | Win
Saturday, January 20, 2024
Student Community Center Multi-Purpose Room
Undergraduate students ages 25ish+, student parents, and students returning from a break in school are all welcome!
Retreat includes breakfast and lunch, retreat t-shirt, networking opportunities, Internship and Career Center workshop, scavenger hunt, one-day camp for children ages 6+ of student parents, and a chance to win great raffle prizes
Priority registration by Monday, January 8 to guarantee t-shirt size and spots at the children's camp; continued registration open until Saturday, January 20:
Sponsored by the Transfer and Reentry Center; Funded through a grant from COSAF
OWL's is the Older Wiser Learners Club at UC Davis. It is a non-traditional student organization for all non-traditional students (typically, but limited to 25 years of age or older, married, re-entry, caretakers, and/or parents). We are your hub for socializing with like-minded students, networking, and a great place for building community and sharing resources that cater to non-traditional students. To join, log into Aggie Life and click on Join.