Who are reentry students?
Reentry students are students who identify with one more more of the below groups:
- Students who are 25 and older
- Students who have a spouse/partner
- Student parents
- Students serving as caregivers for adult family members
- Students who have taken a break from their education
At UC Davis there are approximately 1,500 undergraduate students ages 25 and older and around 300 student parents.
What programs are offered for reentry students?
- Reentry specific orientation
- One-on-one advising and support from Marissa Weiss, Transfer Retention Specialist
- Workshops and social events
- Older Wiser Learners (OWLs) student organization
- First Year Aggie Connection for Reentry Students
- TRC Summer Series; Reentry Scholarships; First Year Aggie Connection for Reentry Students and Student Parents; On Campus Job Opportunities (6/22/2022)
- Filipinx Transfer and Reentry Mixer; Reentry Roommate Meetup; No Kidstractions Study Hall (5/25/2022)
- OWLs Pool Party & Potluck; Project Catalyst Science Nights; Kids Clothing Swap; Reentry Roommate Meetup; McNair Scholars Program (5/4/2022)
- No Kidstractions Study Hall; Reentry EHE Majors Meet-Up; Reentry Roommate Meetup; Collective is Hiring!; Education Minor Info Session (4/20/2022)
- Priority Registration for Student Parents and Caregivers of Adult Family Members; No Kidstractions Study Hall; OWLs Social Mixer; MURALS (Mentorship for Undergraduate Research in Agriculture, Letters, and Science) (3/24/2022)
- Thursdays at the TRC; Monthly Reentry Zoom Social; Babysitter Directory; Priority Registration for Student Parents and Caregivers of Adult Family Members; OEOES Summer Research Fellowship; Student Advisor to the Chancellor; Housing Day; Spring 2022 Craft Center Classes (3/1/2022)
- Thursdays at the TRC; Monthly Reentry Zoom Social; Grad Masterclass; Dungeons & Dragons One Shot Adventure; Valentine's Day Card Making; Black Futures Month; Transfer Research Society Meeting; Academic Assistance and Tutoring Center (AATC) Services; Hiring Orientation Leaders (2/2/2022)
- Monthly Reentry Zoom Social; Study Buddies; First Year Aggie Connection; Virtual Thursdays at the TRC; Job Openings at the TRC; CalWORKs Info Session (1/11/2022)
- Reentry Reorientation; First Year Aggie Connection for Reentry Students; Transfer Trivia; Monthly Reentry Zoom Social (1/3/2022)
- Thursdays at the TRC; Winter Wonderland; Jumpstart Your Job Search (12/2/2021)
- 11/18 TRC Thursday Trivia; Expanded Student Parent Support; Color Me D-Stressed; SRRC Collective Internship Opportunities (11/12/2021)
- Thursdays at the TRC; Student Parent Brown Bag Lunch Postponed; Student Parent Playdate; Mentor-Mentee Program in Humanities, Arts, Cultural Studies, and Social Sciences; Grad and Law School Fair (10/13/2021)
- Thursdays at the TRC; Quick Survey; Priority Registration; Transfer Fall Welcome; Aggie Job Fair; Global Learning Hub (10/5/2021)
- Reentry Orientation; First Year Aggie Connection for Reentry Students; Aggie Job Fair; Strategic Asian and Pacific Islander Retention Initiative (SAandPIRI) Leadership Conference (8/18/2021)
- First Year Aggie Connections; González Pre-Law Academy; Educational Opportunity Program; Parent and Family Orientation; Networking for Commuters (7/14/2021)
- Transfer Roommate Meetup; New Transfer Advisor Chelsi Florence; ASUCD President Ryan Manriquez; Reentry Buddy System; Crankstart and Osher Scholarships; Involvement Mentor Position; Transfer Research Society (6/10/2021)
Older Wiser Learners (OWLs) Student Organization
OWL's is the Older Wiser Learners Club at UC Davis. It is a non-traditional student organization for all non-traditional students (typically, but limited to 25 years of age or older, married, re-entry, caretakers, and/or parents). We are your hub for socializing with like-minded students, networking, and a great place for building community and sharing resources that cater to non-traditional students. To join, log into Aggie Life and click on Join.