Who are reentry students?
Reentry students are students who identify with one more more of the below groups:
- Students who are 25 and older
- Students who have a spouse/partner
- Student parents
- Students serving as caregivers for adult family members
- Students who have taken a break from their education
At UC Davis there are approximately 1,500 undergraduate students ages 25 and older and around 300 student parents.
What programs are offered for reentry students?
- One-on-one advising and support from Marissa Weiss, Transfer Retention Specialist (link to Marissa’s info in About Us page)
- Workshops and social events
- Older Wiser Learners (OWLs) student organization
- First Year Aggie Connection for Reentry Students (link to that page)
- OWLs; Food Drive; ICC Newsletters; Campus Rec During COVID (2/5/2021)
- Weekly Wednesday Zoom; EOP is Hiring; We Love Our Transfers Valentine’s Program; Student Parent Newsletter; Duo Token (1/29/2021)
- Reentry Student Study Groups; ASUCD Hiring Transfer Students (1/19/2021)
- TRC is Hiring; Upcoming Meetings; UC Student Regent Position; Residential Education Office Student Staff Recruitment; FYAC Peer Mentor Positions; Unitrans is Hiring; Carebubbles (1/13/2021)
- Winter Involvement Fair (1/6/2021)
- Find Your Community Zoom Groups for Winter 2021; OWLs Interest Meeting; YMCA Learning Lab (1/4/2021)
Older Wiser Learners (OWLs) Student Organization
OWL's is the Older Wiser Learners Club at UC Davis. It is a non-traditional student organization for all non-traditional students (typically, but limited to 25 years of age or older, married, re-entry, caretakers, and/or parents). We are your hub for socializing with like-minded students, networking, and a great place for building community and sharing resources that cater to non-traditional students. To join, log into Aggie Life and click on Join.