Who are reentry students?
Reentry students are students who identify with one more more of the below groups:
- Students who are 25 and older
- Students who have a spouse/partner
- Student parents
- Students serving as caregivers for adult family members
- Students who have taken a break from their education
At UC Davis there are approximately 1,500 undergraduate students ages 25 and older and around 300 student parents.
What programs are offered for reentry students?
- Reentry specific orientation
- One-on-one advising and support from Marissa Weiss, Transfer Retention Specialist
- Workshops and social events
- Older Wiser Learners (OWLs) student organization
- First Year Aggie Connection for Reentry Students
- Reentry Orientation; First Year Aggie Connection for Reentry Students; Aggie Job Fair; Strategic Asian and Pacific Islander Retention Initiative (SAandPIRI) Leadership Conference (8/18/2021)
- First Year Aggie Connections; González Pre-Law Academy; Educational Opportunity Program; Parent and Family Orientation; Networking for Commuters (7/14/2021)
- Transfer Roommate Meetup; New Transfer Advisor Chelsi Florence; ASUCD President Ryan Manriquez; Reentry Buddy System; Crankstart and Osher Scholarships; Involvement Mentor Position; Transfer Research Society (6/10/2021)
- Graduation Banner Pictures; Dialogue with Dr. Yusef Salaam of the Exonerated “Central Park Five”; Reentry Buddy Program; Global Learning Hub Opportunities (5/26/2021)
- ASUCD TRVC Fall Planning Listening Session; Undergraduate Education Spring Quarter Town Hall; Asian Pacific Culture Week; Survey Participant Recruitment (5/3/2021)
- Virtual Commencement for Reentry Students and Veterans; OWLs Meeting; Find Your Community Monthly Zoom Gatherings; Chancellor’s Undergraduate Advisory Board; McNair Scholars Program (4/26/2021)
- Transfer Student Symposium; OWLs Meeting; Find Your Community: Monthly Zoom Gatherings; Coffee Chat/Reflection Mondays; Upcoming Global Learning Events and Resources; Research Study on First Year Latinx Transfer Students; ASUCD Interactive Apartment Complex Map (3/29/2021)
- New TRC Website; UCSA Transfer Lobby Day; Priority Registration for Student Parents and Caregivers; Graduation Event Funding (3/8/2021)
- OWLs; Food Drive; ICC Newsletters; Campus Rec During COVID (2/5/2021)
- Weekly Wednesday Zoom; EOP is Hiring; We Love Our Transfers Valentine’s Program; Student Parent Newsletter; Duo Token (1/29/2021)
- Reentry Student Study Groups; ASUCD Hiring Transfer Students (1/19/2021)
- TRC is Hiring; Upcoming Meetings; UC Student Regent Position; Residential Education Office Student Staff Recruitment; FYAC Peer Mentor Positions; Unitrans is Hiring; Carebubbles (1/13/2021)
- Winter Involvement Fair (1/6/2021)
- Find Your Community Zoom Groups for Winter 2021; OWLs Interest Meeting; YMCA Learning Lab (1/4/2021)
Older Wiser Learners (OWLs) Student Organization
OWL's is the Older Wiser Learners Club at UC Davis. It is a non-traditional student organization for all non-traditional students (typically, but limited to 25 years of age or older, married, re-entry, caretakers, and/or parents). We are your hub for socializing with like-minded students, networking, and a great place for building community and sharing resources that cater to non-traditional students. To join, log into Aggie Life and click on Join.