Who are reentry students?
Reentry students are students who identify with one more more of the below groups:
- Students who are 25 and older
- Students who have a spouse/partner
- Student parents
- Students serving as caregivers for adult family members
- Students who have taken a break from their education
At UC Davis there are approximately 1,500 undergraduate students ages 25 and older and around 300 student parents.
What programs are offered for reentry students?
- Reentry specific orientation
- Reentry Retreat
- One-on-one advising and support from Marissa Weiss, Transfer Retention Specialist
- Workshops and social events
- Older Wiser Learners (OWLs) student organization
- First Year Aggie Connection for Reentry Students
To sign up to receive the e-newsletter for reentry students, fill out this online form. Students can also see the archive for the TRC Weekly Brief.
- OWLs Meeting; Priority Registration; Job and Campus Involvement Opportunities; USI Prison-to-School Pipeline Event (3/9/2023)
- OWLs Meetings; Reentry Peer Advisor Info Session; Reentry Retreat; No Kidstractions Study Hall; Campus Recreation (1/11/2023)
- TRC Reentry Peer Advisor Position; Reentry Retreat; No Kidstractions Study Hall; Campus Recreation; Career Discovery Groups for CA&ES Majors (1/3/2023)
- OWLs Thanksgiving Meetup; Reentry Retreat; First Year Seminar (11/23/2022)
- Reentry Meetups; In Person Social; First Year Seminar; PAL Program; Manetti Shrem Museum Fall Season Celebration; International Fest Davis (9/20/2022)
- Reentry Meetups; Reentry Orientation; In Person Social; The Davisphere (9/14/2022)
- Reentry Orientation; Reentry Meetups; MatterCup (8/18/2022)
- TRC Summer Series; Reentry Scholarships; First Year Aggie Connection for Reentry Students and Student Parents; On Campus Job Opportunities (6/22/2022)
- Filipinx Transfer and Reentry Mixer; Reentry Roommate Meetup; No Kidstractions Study Hall (5/25/2022)
- OWLs Pool Party & Potluck; Project Catalyst Science Nights; Kids Clothing Swap; Reentry Roommate Meetup; McNair Scholars Program (5/4/2022)
- No Kidstractions Study Hall; Reentry EHE Majors Meet-Up; Reentry Roommate Meetup; Collective is Hiring!; Education Minor Info Session (4/20/2022)
- Priority Registration for Student Parents and Caregivers of Adult Family Members; No Kidstractions Study Hall; OWLs Social Mixer; MURALS (Mentorship for Undergraduate Research in Agriculture, Letters, and Science) (3/24/2022)
- Thursdays at the TRC; Monthly Reentry Zoom Social; Babysitter Directory; Priority Registration for Student Parents and Caregivers of Adult Family Members; OEOES Summer Research Fellowship; Student Advisor to the Chancellor; Housing Day; Spring 2022 Craft Center Classes (3/1/2022)
- Thursdays at the TRC; Monthly Reentry Zoom Social; Grad Masterclass; Dungeons & Dragons One Shot Adventure; Valentine's Day Card Making; Black Futures Month; Transfer Research Society Meeting; Academic Assistance and Tutoring Center (AATC) Services; Hiring Orientation Leaders (2/2/2022)
- Monthly Reentry Zoom Social; Study Buddies; First Year Aggie Connection; Virtual Thursdays at the TRC; Job Openings at the TRC; CalWORKs Info Session (1/11/2022)
- Reentry Reorientation; First Year Aggie Connection for Reentry Students; Transfer Trivia; Monthly Reentry Zoom Social (1/3/2022)
Saturday, January 21, 2022, 9am-4pm in the Student Community Center Multipurpose Room
Students ages 25ish+, student parents, and students returning from a break in school are all welcome!
- Catered breakfast and lunch
- Interactive session on designing a quarter and weekly calendar with Success Coaching and Learning Strategies
- Resume writing workshop with the Internship and Career Center
- Networking activities
- Magic show by the Amasingh Magician
- Camp program run by UC Davis Youth Programs for children of retreat attendees ages 6+ (attend the retreat while your children attend the camp!) - students with younger children can request an UrbanSitter gift card to pay for a babysitter
- Gift for all retreat attendees
Registration is now open! Submit the online form to reserve your spot! Space is limited to 75 students and 15 children.
Older Wiser Learners (OWLs) Student Organization
OWL's is the Older Wiser Learners Club at UC Davis. It is a non-traditional student organization for all non-traditional students (typically, but limited to 25 years of age or older, married, re-entry, caretakers, and/or parents). We are your hub for socializing with like-minded students, networking, and a great place for building community and sharing resources that cater to non-traditional students. To join, log into Aggie Life and click on Join.