Your wellness promotes the health of your family!
As student parents, you’re extremely busy managing caregiving responsibilities, academic courses, personal situations, and providing for the needs of your families. This program is an opportunity to focus on YOUR WELLNESS!
The UC Davis Student Parent Wellness program aims to nurture student parents’ wellbeing by providing prepared meals, nutrition workshops and consultations, supervised children’s activities, and a customized fitness class. By having the time and resources to concentrate on your holistic wellbeing, you’ll feel centered and balanced in your family and academic life.
Now accepting applications for the UC Davis Student Parent Wellness program! Apply through the online application! Applications are due by
Monday, October 9, 2023 by 11:59pm. Due to overwhelming interest in the program, the application will close on Friday, October 6 at 12pm.
Who’s eligible to participate?
Undergraduate, graduate, and professional student parents. Participants need to be enrolled in classes at least part time for the 2023-2024 academic year.
What do you receive through participating in the program?
- Aggie Cash+ account for $300 to use at campus eateries (including the Dining Commons)
- An individual appointment with a Registered Dietitian at Student Health and Counseling Services
- Workshops by UC Davis Health Food and Nutrition Services Community Outreach designed specifically for student parents
Personal Time/Supervised Children’s Activities
- KidsPark Gift Cards
- Drop in care for children ages 2-12 at location in Sacramento
- Account credit covering the registration fee and 9 hours of care
- 3 one-day camps (one Saturday/quarter) for children ages 6-12 with Campus Recreation Youth Programs (dates TBD)
- Urban Sitter Gift card for 3-month membership and $100 toward babysitting
- Custom Fitness Class in winter quarter (days and times TBD) specifically for student parents through Campus Rec
- 60 minute class, once a week, for 10 weeks
The program sounds great, but I’m SUPER busy! Do I need to utilize all of the provided services?
- One of the meal options
- One of the nutrition options (dietician consultation or workshop)
- One of the personal time options
- Attend at least some of the fitness class sessions
Participants can schedule the dietician consultation around their schedule. Every effort will be made to schedule the nutrition workshop and fitness classes at times that work for the participants.
What type of fitness class is it? When will it meet?
The fitness class will take place during the Winter 2024 quarter. According to participants’ interests, it’ll either be one type of class, which meets the same day and time each week, or a variety of classes that meet at different days and times each week. We will do our best to select an option that works best for the group.
How long does the program last?
Fall 2023-Spring 2024
Is it hard to get into the program? How many participants can enroll?
There’s room for 30 participants. In general, acceptance will be done on a first apply, first accepted basis, though consideration is also given for students’ level of need and commitment to participate.
I’m in! How do I sign up?
Complete the online application by Monday, October 9 at 11:59pm.
I have a few questions . . .
Contact Marissa Weiss, Transfer Retention Specialist
Who’s paying for all this stuff? THANK YOU!!!
The Transfer and Reentry Center received an Equity in Mental Health Grant from Healthy UC Davis to fund the program.