The Bernard Osher Foundation, in recognition of the value of the UC Davis Reentry Program, has established a $1 million endowment to support scholarships for students 25–50 years old. The Osher Reentry Scholarships represent the largest award for reentry students on the UC Davis campus. We award eight to ten $5,000 scholarships annually to new and continuing reentry students.
In 2016, the Bernard Osher Foundation recommended the UC Davis reentry program to the Crankstart Foundation. The Crankstart Foundation is the charitable outfit of Michael and Harriet Moritz. The couple's philanthropy in the Bay Area is mainly focused on education, arts and culture, as well as parks and human services. In October 2016, the Crankstart Foundation awarded a grant of $50,000 to UC Davis to support ten reentry scholarships of $5,000 each for the 2017-2018 academic year. Number of awards and funding level for the 2023-2024 academic year will be announced soon.
- Between the ages of 25 and 50 as of September 21, 2023
- International students may also apply
- Undergraduate, enrolled for the entire upcoming academic year (Fall, Winter, Spring quarters)
- Pursuing first baccalaureate degree
- Cumulative 3.25 GPA
- UC Davis cumulative GPA for current UC Davis students
- Community college/university cumulative GPA for incoming UC Davis students
- One recommendation form
- Personal essay
The Transfer and Reentry Center will obtain your UC Davis and other official transcripts to evaluate your academic progress. By submitting this application you understand and agree with this procedure.
UC Davis Reentry Scholarships Application Instructions
June 1June 5, students can access the application through the UC Davis Scholarship Manager.
- Applicants need to have set up their UC Davis Computing Account and DUO in order to access the application. Students who cannot remember their login ID can contact IET Express for assistance.
- Applicants need to have their student ID number to complete the application. Note that incoming students receive their student ID number in the email from Undergraduate Admissions acknowledging receipt of their Fall 2023 application.
- On the Scholarship Manager website, applicants can log in by clicking on the "Students" button and selecting the Osher and Crankstart Reentry Scholarship application.
- A link to the recommendation form will be sent to the designated individual once the application is submitted. Applicants need to make sure to give the recommender plenty of time to submit the form before the deadline.
One recommendation form is required to complete your application. New UC Davis students may have the form completed by their community college faculty, community college staff or supervisor; continuing UC Davis students should have the form completed by a UC Davis faculty member, TA, UC Davis Staff or supervisor. As soon as you submit your scholarship application an email will be sent to your recommender with information and instructions for them to complete and submit the recommendation form in support of your application. Please be sure to allow your recommender ample time to complete your request. Each year many students are not evaluated because of missing documents; it is your responsibility to verify receipt of all supplemental documents.
Deadline for both application and recommendation form submission
- June 30, 2023 by 11:59 p.m.
- Only completed applications will be considered. Completed applications means that both the application and recommendation form are all submitted by the deadline. Start reaching out to potential individuals who will complete your recommendation form now.
- We would also encourage you to check out other internal and external scholarship opportunities, which include Prestigious Scholarships and Outside Scholarships.
- In addition, we would encourage you to check in with your own major(s) about opportunities potentially available and check to see if there are associations within your discipline that offers scholarship opportunities.