To support students who are caring for either children or adult family members, UC Davis has a process for these students to apply to receive priority registration. Priority registration enables students to receive an earlier Pass time for course registration. The program is intended to alleviate complications related to scheduling conflicts between parental and caregiving responsibilities and UC Davis classes and course work.
- Student parents: if you have children who receive more than half of their support/care from you, including physically living in the same household. Eligibility is also open to students who are pregnant or have partners who are expecting, especially if the due date occurs before or during the next academic year.
- Student caregivers: if you have adult family members (ages 18 and older) who receive more than half of their support/care from you due to disabilities and/or medical needs.
- Approval is determined by responses to the questions included in the online application.
- Please note that students across the immigration status spectrum are eligible to apply.
Students must apply annually, typically in March, to receive priority registration for the following academic year. Once approved, the priority status will be automatically assigned for the fall, winter, and spring quarters.
Important Dates - 2022-2023 dates will be updated in January 2022
- March 1, 2021: Fall 2021 course info available in schedule builder and class search tool
- March 15, 2021: deadline for submission of online application for 2021-2022 priority registration
- March 30, 2021: date by which students will be notified of approval
- May 3, 2021: registration appointment times for Fall 2021 available on Schedule Builder and myucdavis
For a student’s first year at UC Davis, priority registration is available beginning the winter quarter - applications are typically due in October. After the first year, students can apply as a continuing student and receive priority registration for the fall, winter, and spring quarters.
- October 1, 2021: Winter 2022 course info available in schedule builder and class search tool
- October 11, 2021: deadline for submission of online application for Winter 2022 priority registration (priority will continue for Spring 2023 - no need to reapply)
- October 14, 2021: date by which students will be notified of approval
- October 24, 2022: registration appointment times for Winter 2022 available on Schedule Builder and myucdavis
*If you become a new parent in the middle of the quarter and would like to learn about this program and your eligibility for priority registration, please contact Marissa Weiss at the Transfer and Reentry Center.